A tooth extraction is a relatively straightforward dental procedure that involves completely removing the tooth from the socket and bone. It can cure or prevent a host of dental issues in the future. We offer extraction as treatment in situations where the prognosis for the tooth is poor.
Reasons for and Benefits of Tooth Extraction
Although many teeth can be saved with a filling or crown, sometimes the best course of action is removing it all together. Common reasons a tooth extraction might be the best treatment include:
- Damage due to decay or trauma where the tooth is deemed unrestorable
- A tooth is blocking additional teeth from coming in properly
- To create room for teeth when getting braces
- Wisdom teeth are might be removed as treatment to prevent them from becoming infected or impacted
- Periodontal disease- gum and/or bone infection of the area surrounding a tooth/teeth
I am very pleased to say I recommend Dr Tom to anyone who needs a good dentist. I have had my share of dental work and Dr Tom and Anna made my experience very pleasant. I am actually looking forward to my next apt next week for my cleaning. With the economy the way it is today, her fees are affordable.— Nancy H.