Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite. It can be as simple as smoothening some rough or chipped edges of a tooth or something more complicated like crowning or capping several teeth.
Some examples of cosmetic procedures that we perform in our office are:
- Bleaching is the most common cosmetic dental procedure. It can be done in our office or it can be a take home method.
- Tooth reshaping removes parts of the enamel to improve the appearance of the tooth. It may be used to correct a small chip, or to alter the length, shape or position of teeth; it can be used to correct crooked or excessively long teeth. This procedure offers fast results.
- Bonding is a process in which a dental composite tooth colored material is applied to a tooth’s surface, sculpted into shape, hardened and then polished.
- Crowns and bridges can be used to replace or reshape teeth which can improve the patient’s smile.
- Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin, custom-made porcelain laminates that are bonded directly to the teeth. They are an option for closing gaps or disguising discolored teeth that do not respond well to whitening procedures. Depending on the procedure, tooth reduction may be necessary.
I am very pleased to say I recommend Dr Tom to anyone who needs a good dentist. I have had my share of dental work and Dr Tom and Anna made my experience very pleasant. I am actually looking forward to my next apt next week for my cleaning. With the economy the way it is today, her fees are affordable.— Nancy H.